Saturday, September 13, 2014

Horseback Riding

What do you do when you want to give your children the experience of the things you love, but you can not afford to?

How do you handle it when someone with the means to do so does show your children the things you love, with out you?

Are you thrilled? Are you jealous? Can you contain the pain while your children express their joy?

These are the moments for which you can not prepare. The children leave the house, their faces full of expectation. Hours later they return with stories that prove their expectations were exceeded. YEA! ...and ....sigh.

I wanted to be the one to show them. I wanted to be the one to see their joy. Am I happy they got to go? YES! Am I hurt that I did not get to go? YES!

How to reconcile the 2 seemingly contrary emotions, that is the question.

No comments: