Sunday, October 24, 2010

AH, MAN!

Living in an area that is plagued by tornadoes will keep you on your toes. When you add to that our single-wide living arrangements you get several "ah man!" moments every year.

Nashville is our local viewing area. The meteorologists range from calm to panic stricken. My favorite woman just said, "You need to be in your place of safety right now." I know this is serious but this phrase makes me laugh every time she says it.

Picture a kindergarten teacher clapping her hands and saying, "Okie dokie boys and girls, we need to find our safe place" and you will have her voice exactly... very church lady for you SNL folk.

The last time she said it she added this beauty, "If you live in a single-wide you do not have a safe place. The best place for you is in the road in a ditch." To which Brianne responded, "Well thanks!" Being my normal warped self I told Brianne while she was walking out to the ditch she might want to hold up a golf club so the lightening was directed away from me :)

It's 10pm and the news is alive with a tornado on the ground. It's heading this way. AH, MAN!
I refuse to lie in the ditch so we will head next door to the in-laws if it continues on this path. AH, MAN!

No comments: